Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blast from the Past

My best friend Troy from boot camp contacted me after almost 25 years this week. I couldn't believe it! It sure brings back some memories.
We both found the whole experience, as surreal as it was, to be hysterically funny. I 'm not sure if was was the sleep deprivation, physical exhaustion or if we were just insane but I remember having a great time laughing at the things the DI's said and did. I thought the hard part was over after boot camp. Boy was I wrong. Fond memories though and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Looking at these pictures and realizing that they are almost 25 years old really makes me feel old...and FAT. I don't know why I was smiling at the camera in the bottom picture. That's the kind of thing that got you "thrashed". That picture would have been about half way through boot camp so maybe I was beginning to enjoy it, I don't remember. Thanks Troy for tracking me down and for the trip down memory lane.

1 comment:

Laszlo Pappas said...

Damn you're old. Big head Todd says hello.